We are an AWMA affiliated club and follow AWMA rules. If you are preparing for your very first BH it is important you are also prepared for the written exam. These are the questions for the written portion of the BH.
A dog displaying which of the following behavioral examples will result in “FAILED TEMPERMENT TEST” being documented in their scorebook. (check all that apply)
Dog is insecure and nervous; avoids people Dog is nervous and aggressive; warns people Aggressive, biting dog
Where is the “Testing in Traffic” portion of the BH to be conducted?
At the training field In a suitable public place (away from the training field) Wherever the judge approves
Each exercise begins and ends in the basic position. True
The purpose of IPO Working Trials is to: (check all that
Demonstrate the dog's intelligence and utility Measure the dog's mental stability, endurance, and structural efficiencies Measure the dog's ability to scent, willingness to work, courage, and trainability
Which vaccination is required by law in the United States?
DHLP Rabies Kennel cough
21. What can result in heatstroke in a dog? (check all that apply)
High temperature and humidity Improper ventilation Lack of hydration Over exertion
22. The AWMA has a breed warden and hosts conformation events.
23. In all trials there will be only one scorebook per dog except for DVG members.
24. The AWMA requires that scorebooks from other organizations be stamped by the AWMA prior to the trial.
25. Which of the following are true regarding the liability of the handler and owner of a dog entered in a trial?
Aggressive dogs are the responsibility of the owner but not the handler. Only the handler is liable for the dog’s behavior. Both owners and handlers are liable for the dog’s behavior.
Answers to these questions can be found by studying the rule book. If you are unsure on any of the answers talk to your training director.